Remembering Gerri AllenJune 16, 2018 / No Comments / Tags: Esperanza Spalding, Gerri Allen, Terri Lyne Carrington
We thought we’d share a favorite performance of a favorite song,”Unconditional Love”, by the great Gerri Allen, along with drummer Terri Lyne Carrington and bassist Esperanza Spalding. June was Gerri’s birth month and was about this time that we were deprived of her earthly presence. Her great music and contributions through her compositions and teachings will live on.
- NPR: John Coltrane’s Lost Album A ‘Buried Treasure’ For Jazz Fans
- NPR: Bobby McFerrin And His Daughter Make Music A Family Affair
- Lorraine Gordon of Village Vanguard Club dies at 95
- Kennedy Center jazz honors bassist Charlie Haden
- Melbourne International Jazz Festival: Women musicians seek to change the jazz world’s boys club