Remembering Gerri AllenJune 16, 2018 / No Comments / Tags: Esperanza Spalding, Gerri Allen, Terri Lyne Carrington
We thought we’d share a favorite performance of a favorite song,”Unconditional Love”, by the great Gerri Allen, along with drummer Terri Lyne Carrington and bassist Esperanza Spalding. June was Gerri’s birth month and was about this time that we were deprived of her earthly presence. Her great music and contributions through her compositions and teachings will live on.
- Jimmy Heath, NEA Jazz Master and link to bebop era of 1940s, dies at 93
- Utah jazz legend Joe McQueen passes away at 100
- New jazz club opening in Charlotte after nearly 20 years
- Miles Davis Estate Signs Deal with Downtown Publishing
- LA Times: Clora Bryant, who broke barriers as a jazz trumpet player, dies at 92