Stanford Jazz Festival, Stanford, California
The Stanford Jazz Festival (SJF) attracts over 15,000 jazz fans every summer with artistic programming that represents the rich history of jazz, as well as the diversity and creative fertility of the contemporary jazz scene. Over the years, many of the greatest jazz artists have performed at SJF: Dave Brubeck, Herbie Hancock, Joe Henderson, Dave Holland, Louis Bellson, Hank Jones, Clark Terry, Joe Williams, Roy Haynes, Christian McBride, and many dozens of other legendary artists have appeared at the Festival.
This year’s lineup includes Joshua Redman, Tiffany Austin, Regina Carter and Charles McPherson among many others.
- NPR: John Coltrane’s Lost Album A ‘Buried Treasure’ For Jazz Fans
- NPR: Bobby McFerrin And His Daughter Make Music A Family Affair
- Lorraine Gordon of Village Vanguard Club dies at 95
- Kennedy Center jazz honors bassist Charlie Haden
- Melbourne International Jazz Festival: Women musicians seek to change the jazz world’s boys club